The Illinois Credit Union League’s Small Credit Union Award is designed to recognize accomplishments, time and effort in support and promotion of the credit union movement by professionals serving credit unions under $50 million in assets. Award recipients will be recognized at the League’s Annual Convention.
Nominees for this award must be affiliated with the League and must be a paid credit union employee.
Any League affiliated credit union may nominate individuals for this award. Please include detailed information, along with the Nomination form, that addresses the criteria listed on the award description attachment. This award is designed to recognize leadership achievement in the operations and success of a small credit union.
Deadline for receipt of this nomination is January 15, 2018
The Small Credit Union Advisory Council will make the selection based on the following criteria:
Outstanding accomplishments for credit union leadership, integrity and commitment as a professional within the nominee’s own credit union. (Up to 60 points in this category) This could include:
- Exceptional success in the development and expansion of member services
- Outstanding efforts and success in maintaining and/or improving financial fitness
- Demonstrated ability to achieve effective and efficient results in the areas of management, supervision, staff and volunteer teamwork
- Successfully completing a net worth restoration plan
- Achieving sustainable growth over a period of time
- Leading a successful transition of leadership (especially if it involved mentoring or developing talent from within)
- Creating a successful marketing program
- Completing a successful merger or branch expansion
- Consistent delivering of outstanding service and innovation
Outstanding accomplishments on behalf of the credit union movement at the local and/or regional level. (Up to 30 points in this category) This could include:
- Contributions to other credit union such as giving assistance, advice or counsel to help improve services to members
- Assuming a major leadership role in the chapter
- Assuming a roll as a League, CUPAC, ICU Foundation, CUNA, WOCCU or as a corporate credit union board member
Outstanding community accomplishments. (Up to 10 points in this category) This could include:
- Serving on a Chamber board or local community committee
- Working with or serving as a public service or local elected official
- Working with local schools or other organizations to provide financial education services