The Illinois Credit Union League has numerous listservs for member credit unions to use to communicate with each other. Below is a list of the listservs and their email addresses along with a link to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the listservs as well as guidelines for the listservs.
|Peer Network Group||Listserv Email Address||Contact|
|Other Listservs||Listserv Email Address||Contact|
|Small Asset Credit Unionsfirstname.lastname@example.org||ICUL|
We hope you will find this will be a great resource and open forum for you to electronically communicate with each other, share ideas and solutions and brainstorm. This is your listserv, so please feel free to communicate as often as you like with your fellow colleagues. Below are a few Q&As regarding usage of this listserv.
How do I post a message? To send a message to the listserv, send it to the email address for the listserv. Type everything you would like to communicate in the text of your message and be sure your name and contact information is part of the message. Note: listservs do not support attachments.
How do I know when I receive a message from a listserv? Depending on the e-mail program that you use to access mail, you may see the message addressed from an individual subscriber or from the listname itself.
For example, you may see the message addressed From: “Listserv for ICUL Small CUs” <email@example.com> (or “ICUL Chapter Leaders Listserv” <firstname.lastname@example.org>). You may also see the e-mail address from the actual subscriber (such as Melanie.email@example.com).
What if I subscribe to more than one listserv using the same e-mail address? In short, you’ll probably be receiving a fair amount of e-mail. But you’ll always know what listserv the message is coming from by looking at the REPLY TO: field.
How do I become part of a listserv? Send an email to ICUL and indicate which listserv(s) you would like to join.
How do I remove my name from a listserv? To unsubscribe send an email to ICUL and indicate which listserv(s) you would like to leave.
Are there any “rules” about e-mail and listservs? YES!
- When replying to a message, think first before automatically hitting the reply button. Would it be better to send your message to the individual who posted the query rather than the whole group?
- DON’T TYPE IN ALL CAPS. It’s perceived as shouting in e-mail.
- Always remember to put your full name and e-mail address at the end of your message. This way people can send you private responses.
- If you don’t have something worth saying, then keep it to yourself, or send a private reply to an individual. Many of the list subscribers get inundated with e-mail every day and may not appreciate receiving responses like, “me too”, or “I agree” or “yes”. In addition, the listserv arena is not a place to humiliate or yell at one another. People make mistakes, so please be respectful of your peers and their opinions.
- This is a private list. ICUL listservs are not, and will not, be used for the purposes of solicitation.
- Subscribers who fail to cooperate with these guidelines may be removed from this list.
What about archived messages? Our system does have the capability of saving messages posted to this listserv.
What happens if I send an e-mail to a listserv that I’m not subscribed to? If you are subscribed to a list, but don’t use that e-mail address when posting a message, the e-mail is not delivered to the list. It goes to the list administrator and usually is ignored or deleted.
ICUL listservs are not moderated. Once you’ve subscribed to any of the ICUL listservs, all messages that are correctly addressed will be posted to the list. ICUL does not censor any mail. The listserv administrator does hold the right to remove individuals who abuse the list in any way.
If you have any questions, please contact Melanie Murphy, Director of Education, at Melanie.firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 942-7124. Happy posting!