The Illinois Credit Union Foundation is a not-for-profit charitable organization which promotes the self-help ideals of credit unions through grants, scholarships and cooperative partnerships. Since 1978, the Foundation has awarded more than $3.5 million in scholarships, community service grants, assistance for small credit union development, emergencies and natural disasters, limited income credit unions and community involvement projects.
Contact information for ICUF
1807 West Diehl Road
Naperville, IL 60563
Phone: (630) 983-3400
To promote the self-help ideals of credit unions through grants, scholarships and cooperative partnerships.
ICUF Board & Staff List
Michael Lee — Chairman
Kane County Teachers CU
Thomas Lex — Vice-chairman
Ann Dubie — Secretary/Treasurer
Riverside Community CU
Rockford Bell CU
Midwest Operating Engineers CU
Foundation Staff Information
Vicki Ponzo, Executive Director
Melanie Murphy, Managing Director
ICUF Board Information
If you are interested in serving on the ICU Foundation Board of Directors, please apply by clicking on the links below for further information and the application form. Completed application forms are due by March 1. Forms can be mailed to ICU Foundation, PO Box 3107, Naperville, IL 60566-7107 or faxed to 630-983-4261.
Board Position Description
ICU Foundation Director
Basic Function: Maintain general direction and control of the ICU Foundation by establishing objectives, formulating policy and approving goals and programs.
- Develop long-range and short-range Foundation objectives for the solicitation and disbursement of contributions and earnings in accordance with categories and designations set forth in Article I of the ICU Foundation bylaws.
- Formulate policy for the investment of Foundation funds in accordance with Article VII of the ICU Foundation bylaws.
- Review grant proposals and recommendations of Executive Director and approve disbursements of grant funds
- Cooperate with chapter representatives of the Foundation to facilitate the promotion of the Foundation and chapter activities.
- Perform fiduciary duties of care and loyalty in regard to the financial development of the Foundation.
- Keep informed about the general field of philanthropy, with particular emphasis on planned giving.
- Perform other duties as prescribed in the ICU Foundation bylaws.
- Actively solicit funds from individuals and organizations as well as participate in Foundation fundraising endeavors.
- Make a meaningful, personal financial contribution to the Foundation commensurate with ability to give.
Mandatory Level of Board Member Annual Participation:
- Individual must make a personal donation to the Foundation of at least $100.
- Individual must participate in Foundation board meetings and committee meetings held throughout the year via conference call and in person.
- Individual must actively promote the Foundation at chapter meetings and credit union-related functions.
- Individual must be an active fundraiser for the Foundation:
- Sell Raffle tickets
- Secure Golf Outing Sponsors & Participants
- Solicit gifts from credit unions & individuals for Annual Fund & special fundraisers
- Individual must serve on one of the Foundation’s standing committees (fundraising, scholarships, grants).
Preferred Level of Board Member Annual Participation:
- Individual should attend Foundation special events (i.e. raffle drawing, golf outing).
- Individual’s credit union should strive to be at the Scholars donation level (minimum of $250).
- Individual should contact pre-assigned chapter representatives on a regular basis to offer encouragement and to promote the Foundation.